Dio, leader in connected home
- In 1977, Roland Chacon founded the company with the same name, specialized in the design and distribution of electrical products.
- Following the acquisition in 1994 by the two current shareholders, Chacon broadens the mission of the company by engaging in home automation oriented towards comfort and security for a smarter home.
- In 2003, Chacon launches its export department. The first target markets are France, Spain and Portugal.
A company that innovates to stay ahead in the market!
- In 2008, the brand DiO ecosystem of inter-compatible products, was founded and sets the tone for the automation activity developed by Chacon. With a complete ecosystem of transmitters and receivers for a connected home, DiO range can remotely control the lighting and engines, without running wires.
- In 2013, DiO expands its offer with new universal dimmers, compatible with different types of bulbs on the market; again, a real boost is given to the brand through partnership with the Belgian start-up Smart Technology, which specializes in home automation and wireless technology.
- In 2015, the two brands - DiO and Chacon - decided to take a different position:
> Under his label "Connected Home" DiO completes his ecosystem with a new range of more efficient products through its home automation Central HomeBox, its mobile application DiO and accessories operating under the radio protocol edisio, specially designed for the connected home.
>For its part, Chacon is moving more towards Smart Home Devices' innovative and intelligent products for the home to increase the consumers comfort on a daily bases and autonomous connected devices for easy access to the universe of the connected home.
- In late 2018, the Chacon-DiO Group was acquired by Awox, Europe's leading group in the Smart Home sector.
A company specialized and engaged with its clients-partner!
- Retail, DIY wholesalers and internet are the main portfolio DiO currently divided between Belgium, France, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Spain, Italy, Portugal, etc..